You can link your Nintendo DSi username and your Hatena ID together on Flipnote Hatena. After you have linked your accounts you will be able to use the following additional features:
- After you register for a Hatena ID you'll be able to upload your Flipnotes from Flipnote Studio to Flipnote Hatena.
- New Flipnotes from your favorite creators will be displayed in the New Flipnotes section of Flipnote Hatena (DSi).
- You can edit the titles and descriptions of Flipnotes that you have posted.
- You can share the stars that you add when using Flipnote Hatena (DSi) with stars that you add when using Flipnote Hatena (Web).
In addition you will be able to turn off comments and trackback on your Flipnotes, check who has added stars to your Flipnotes and take advantage of many more useful features.
Your Nintendo DSi creator name can be set by accessing DSi Settings -> User Information -> User Name on your Nintendo DSi
By registering your Hatena ID in Flipnote Studio, you will be able to add comments in Flipnote Hatena and view new arrivals in your Favorites. Anyone with an e-mail address can register a free Hatena ID.
- Select How to Post from the top menu, then select Hatena ID Registration to display the entry screen.
- Please enter the ID you want to use. Your ID must be at least three characters in length.
- Please enter a password of at least five characters in length. You'll need to enter it twice.
- You'll need to enter your Hatena ID and password when logging into the Flipnote Hatena Web site.
- Enter e-mail address
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the address entered, so be sure to enter the address correctly.
- Confirm e-mail delivery
- A message will be delivered to the e-mail address provided. Open the message and access the URL within the e-mail.
- When the final registration screen appears, you have finished the Hatena ID registration process.
If you already have a Hatena ID, please enter your Hatena ID and password on Flipnote Hatena on your Nintendo DSi.
*Parental permission might be required depending on your age and your country of residence.